Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Today I refined my Waltz, Two Step, Fox Trot, Charleston, and regular ol' Swing dancing technique.

Mikayla and I went to this 'Tea Dance'. When we first got there, we both secretly thought, 'oh. great. what did we get ourselves into? this is NOT going to be fun'. It was full of 80 year ol' grannies, and not very many men to dance with. Turns out, it was a BLAST!!

We got tea, cakes, and cucumber sandwiches.
There were mini lessons, and also a few demonstrations.

Champagne Charlie, Dorthy Shoes, Miss Anna, and Tom were SOOO cool. Charlie and Tom were these VERRRYYYY good looking men, who were PAID to dance all day! Let me tell ya... GOOD LOOKING... And of course, the fact that they can dance makes them even more handsome! What a great gig that would be - to dance and get paid for it!! First they were wearing a tux... the ones with the tails. And eventually changed into navy blue pinstripe suits, with red ties. Charlie had red suspenders. It was sooo cool. LOVED dancing with them...!!

It was set in this portable building sort of thing. Round, sorta like a circus tent. There were real wood floors, stain glass windows, and booths to sit at.

This dancing thing was a part of the Norfolk & Norwich Festival...
Mikayla and I got out pictures taken for the EDP Newspaper... and I got pictures taken dancing Fox Trot with Tom... we also got to talk on the BBC Norwich Radio...!!
I got a card with the website to the newspaper so hopefully I have some awesome pictures on there!!


SOOOO MUCH FUN!! <3

If you don't dance... you def should. You don't know what you're missing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww!! That sounds like an absolute blast!!! Did you get pictures with Tom and Charlie?

Haha... guess what song just started playing when I was reading this!.. "Sunshine" by Stephen Speaks. The chorus is the "you are my sunshine" song...

IeatVALVEoil said...

No. I didn't bring my camera!! Mikayla and I totally forgot. Anyway, we figured it was just going to be older people...! Not this fabulously goodlooking men!