Bonjour!!
I made it to and from Paris, safely.... It was a blast.
I went with my flatmate, Mikayla (from WA). There, we met up with my friend Alessio. I mentioned him in one of my first blogs. He's the Italian Victoria and I met in London in our hostel. No. He's not a creeper. He's actually a pretty nice guy and we have become good friends.
I also occassionally met up with my friend Alex, who I met here in Norwich at a salsa dancing night. We go out dancing pretty often. Anyway, he happened to be visiting a friend, and so while she was at work, he came and hung with us.
Mikayla and I also met up with some of her friends from Witman (her college). Emily (who I met in Norwich when she came to visit Mikayla), and Mary. They are THE COOLEST people. Loved them. Mary is soso cute. They are both studying in Paris right now. I am soooo glad that we hung out with them. Not only were they really fun to hang with, but they knew french; aka: they were able to talk to people and help us out.
So I decided that I have WAY too many photos for one blog... So I'm going to make 2 or 3 seperate posts about Paris so you and I both don't get over whelmed...
Here we go.
Paris Post #1: FOOD
First off. I need to explain something to you....
Before I left to England, I went bowling for my Mum's b-day celebration... and my 12year old Neise was there. And this is what she taught me:
"Happy Llama, Sad Llama, Mentaly Retarded Llama, Long Llama, Drama Llama, Big Fat Mama Llama, Sea Turtle, Moose, Crazy Turkey, Peacock" I added, "Star Fish" and "MONSTER STAR FISH!!!"
Before I left for Paris, I sent my friend David an email, asking him if he wanted me to get him anything... He told me that all he wanted was a picture of me "doing the Llama" outside of a Cafe... Well. I took that idea, and instead of taking just one picture, or just a normal picture, I took one for each part of that song... This song also has some lovely hand gestures that go along with it...
So now, here are the pictures that go along with the song...
David: I hope you're happy!!
Happy Llama
I had this epic sandwich. It is in a below pic next to the thing with the egg on it
Sad Llama
We had dinner on our hotel bed. Baguettes, cheese, and meat... with Mikayla, Alessio, Emily, and her friend Acsana
Mental-
Hot Waffle with Whip Cream - YUM
Ly-
Another Baguette/Cheese/Meat Day... and of course, some wine.
Retarded-
THE best gelato with Emily (above), Mikayla and Alessio
Llama
We decided to splurge a bit more, and go to a reeeeally nice reasturant. I had salmon. SO GOOD
Long Llama
This epiclly chocolate dessert thing in custard
Drama Llama
Escargot? Um... YES PLEASE!! It was delicious
Big Fat Mama Llama
Fruit Crepe
Sea Turtle
Mikayla and I went to Emily's friends host Mom's house for dinner. The friends name was Carrie. Mary was also there. This was the first course. Pumpkin soup. Then we had Salad. Then different cheeses, a baguette, and strawberrys, then chicken, then a reeeeally good berry pie. We drank red and white wine, and toasted at the end of dinner with a bottle of champagne to celebrate Carrie and Mary receiving internships
Moose
Another meal of baguette, cheese, and meat
Crazy Turkey
Shrimp!!
Peacock
Almond Cresant for breakfast
Star Fish
Baguette with ham, cheese, and BUTTER. Lots of butter
Monster Star Fish!!
Ham club
I hope you enjoyed that lovley randomness one might call, Kassy....
And now for a few more pictures of my DELICIOUS meals...
Mikayla wasn't a meal... but the baguettes she is holding was!!!! FRESH and warm from the bakery
Mmm.... more gelato. Shaped like a rose!! So cute. Guess which flavour I had...?
Mikayla's on the left, Mine on the right. First meal in Paris!!
There were sparkles in this pastry!! Along with gold?!
The only bad part about this was it was messy.
Somehow, Mikayla and I managed to get pink sparkly goo all over our coats
One of each, please?
The remains of our escargot. Mikayla and I shared it, since it was sorta pricy... I swear she soaked up every last drop of pesto that was on that silver platter. Got her $'s worth, that's for sure
O.M.G
I think this was one of my favourite pastries. The green dough was soft, but sorta thick? Like, not as light as cake, but not like the consistency of bread... Hard to explain. It was KINDA crunchy though... like, the kinda crunchy of when you chew regular sugar. And there were nuts on top. And the white stuff was creamy and delishious. Sorta like whip cream, but not... I dunno. All I know is that I ate it in like 2 seconds flat
Well. That's Post #1. More to come tomorrow...
P.S...
Which food looks the best to you??! (comment and let me know!!)
7 comments:
EVERYTHING LOOKS DÉLICEUX!!! Ah, I wanna know what that green pastry is... pistachio? or maybe adopted from the Japanese (aka green tea)?
Good job on taking advantage of being in one of the culinary capitals of the world!
I miss French cuisine... I just wrote a paper on 17th century French gastronomy for my French class and now I'm wanting to cook these crazy meals... I cooked a 3 course meal the other night.
I miss you, but it makes me very, very happy to see you having all these incredible experiences! *MUAHS!! GROS GROS BISOUS DES ÉTATS-UNIS!!
The rose gelato looks great but too pretty to eat and the salmon is recognizable but what the heck is that sparkly desert -- I would be afraid of the after affects from that! The escargo(t) -- better you than me!!
Escargot. I love pesto haha. :)
I'm torn between the escargot and the green dough dessert, just cause you sold it to me with that description lol. And I'm guessing the ice cream flavour you had was none other than mint :)
The "gallette" (pancake omelet thing) with the egg on it looks absolutely superb.
I'm glad you had the chance to visit France -- with any luck, you'll someday discover the country beyond the capital.
I vote for the Mint Chocolate Chip gelato rose. I'd also like to try the Vaniglia Bourbon del Madagascar and the Tiramisu!
I'm glad you're enjoying your world cuisine! The egg dish would look better if the egg was a little more "well done".
P.S. - I think Ernie likes escargot as much as you and Mikayla does.
I loved everything that had wine with it!!
Post a Comment