TOP O' THE MORNIN' TO YA!
Just spent 6 days in Dublin. I was sorta upset because I was there three days shy of St. Patty's Day, but I quickly got over that.
Our first stop was the Guinness Storehouse. It was previously a fermentation plant from 1904-1988 but now it is just a big tourist attraction. The building is designed in the shape of a giant pint of Guinness. If you could fill it, it would hold 14.3 Million pints! How crazy is that?!
Inside, they go on about how Guinness is made. The four natural ingredients are barley, hops, yeast, and water. This is a picture of 'water'.
Arthur Guinness: The man who started it all
At the end of the tour through the factory, you could redeam your ticket for a pint of Guinness in the Gravity Bar on the 7th floor. From there, you get a 360degree view of the city. Mikayla and I decided to pass on that. Instead, we went to the 4th floor and learned how to pour the perfect pint of Guinness!!
TA-DA!! The perfect pint! The guy who was showing us how to said that in the Gravity Bar, our pints would have been perfect. He told us that even if one drop had fallen down the side of the glass, that the bar tenders are required to dump it out. They are not allowed to serve it because it is not perfect.
Our very cute teacher :)
Mmm.... Guinness ;-)
There are so many beautiful parks in Dublin! We spent many hours walking through them, and just enjoying the sunlight and the atmosphere.
Lisa & I
Ben was tired, so we left him here for a while lol
Of course we played in the park!!
In one of the parks, there was a tribute to Oscar Wilde
We hit up Trinity College. Very cool...
The Natural History Museum was closed, which I was really sad about, so instead we went to the National History Museum. Inside, they had a small room open with items from the Natural History Museum, so that no one would miss out.
Andy: This is for you
Also at the Museum, was a segment about Irish Military through out the ages and whatnot...
And Dad: One for you...
At the National Art Gallery, there was a place for 'children' to express their artistic side.... so of course, we spend a few minutes there...
Butler's Chocolate: Founded in 1932... thheeee beeesttt handmade Irish chocolate
The Wellington Momument: built in memory of the Duke of Wellington.
The part that I am standing on, I had to be boosted up to climb it. There were these other boys on their as well, and this one, being born Irish; I had to get a picture with him! Duh! We tried the whole jumping thing, but he failed.
A few other pics:
Street Art
Damn Tourists...
This guys cloths and hair looked like he was walking into the wind. He would just stand there, until someone put a coin in his can, and then do some random thing to spook them... he looked like a wax figure or something....


4 comments:
Butlers Chocolate -- looks better than yummy - we will have to check it out if we have time!
14.3 million pints is exactly enough to quench the thirsts of me, Travis, and Dillon. And now that you can pour the perfect pint, I'm expecting one when I get back :)
Woo hoo!! Thanks for the bird picture! That looks pretty official. Are they real stuffings of birds or just figures?
Spoons! Your favorite! Haha is the one on your nose for keeps or only for eating?
I've seen people that stand motionless in crazy poises like that too! One time in New Orleans there was this guy in mid-step walking his 'dog'. I like this one better haha
The birds I think are real
i love seeing pictures!!
"smile" by uncle kracker.
Post a Comment