Sunday, January 31, 2010

So today I was sitting at my computer working on my essay (I'm actually doing Homework?! What?! - yes..) and I look up to see a crowd of about 20 people walking past. Now, I normally wouldn't have been alarmed from this sort of activity. Who knows. They could all be going to play a nice game of football, or maybe to have a picnic, or possibly to just strole around the lake, taking in the sunlight and the rather cold breeze... but No. These people were different. I knew for a FACT that they were going to do none of the above!

First off, they were dressed in a sort of medieval attire, and were carrying swords and daggers and shields.

I went outside to invesigate, but kept my distance, in case they decided that I was an enemy and that I should be slayed...

For a while they did nothing. I noticed two groups of people. One with about 15 and the other with maybe 9... all of a sudden, they started screaming and running towords each other!! Then, the sword fighting began.  People would periodically fall to the ground, playing out their tragic death.  It was ridiculous. 

I guess this is some sort of club here on campus... crazy, crazy people...
_______________________________________________________________________________

A few nights ago the boys were drinking the night away in the kitchen. Everyone who was not with them woke up the next day to a lovely piece of cutlery taped to their door. I just thought I would share this with you, for I find it rather amusing:

_________________________________________________________________________________

I thought this was a cute picture of Bob and I. I am on my tippy toes! That shows how tall he is! He gave me a ride on his shoulders as we all walked to a party in another flat. I felt like I was a giant!! He also does rowing - which is crazy cool. He practices every day. I feel sorta bad though, because he has a lot of gross sores/blisters on his hands; but to him, its probably worth it.
(More flatmate bios to come, once I get to know them a bit better...)



5 comments:

MRM said...

I take it Robin Hood was not amongst the sword fighters!

Travis said...

They were probably playing LAIRE like in the movie "Role Models" lol!! I like the suspense you built in the story :) Have a great day!

Andy said...

I didn't know Bob was in the pep band... :)

mrm said...

So what was with the fork?

IeatVALVEoil said...

Andy: That's what I think about EVERY TIME he wears that shirt!

Mom: They were drunk. I dunno - I guess they just decided it would be funny to tape different types of cutlery to our doors!