Monday, December 28, 2009

I made it to Enlgand, safe and sound!
I have to say, I was rather depressed when I get on the plan to London... we didn't have tv's on the chair in front of us!! I was so expecting that, just like they had it last time, but Noooo.....



Here's a view from my window as I flew into London...

I have to admit that I got bored during the FIVE HOUR lay-over before London, so I did a little practicing...

Dad accidentally got me the wrong converter. So I spent the first 24 hours here without internet, and boy - was that stressful!! I was freaking out, trying to figure out a way to send Mom news that I had arrived.  I finally asked the guy at Reception if I could use their computer for 5 minutes, and luckly he let me... My computer only has 24% battery life remaining. I started out with 33%, and it took me an hour and a half to get that much... In order to get power, I have to plug in my computer to this light fixture above the sink in my room... but only charges about 30-60 seconds at a time, so I have to keep plugging and replugging it. Talk about annoying....Here's what I have to plug it into:


Let's hope that I don't blow up my computer; or to hotel!


And, here's my room... VERY small.


More to come... when I figure out a way to charge my computer...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes - mom was getting worried -- checking my computer every 10 - 15 minutes for a word -- any word that all was well -- even checking the credit card activity page to see if anything had been posted to the account -- and making up stories (mentaly stories). But alls well......
Love, MOM

Wagmore Barkless said...

Sorry about that. The girl at Radio Shack assured me, after checking with another kid there, that I got you the correct item. Ask at the hotel desk where you can go to purchase the right converter.

Love, Dad

Rusty said...

I'm glad to hear you made it there alright! <3 Have a good time, and I'll be stalking you here all the time. =D Lots of pictures/updates, please!!!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry... you can have my adapter!! :) I got it in the UK a few years ago, but I need to buy a new one, so you can have my old one. I know it works, cuz I've been using it. :P

Keep warm and I'll see you tomorrow!

Travis said...

Sorry to hear about the converter, but it just gives you more time to enjoy London for now! It's good to see that you got some practice in and that your mom is not worried sick anymore. Keep us posted!

Andy said...

Traveling always comes with its glitches but you can handle them, of course! I'm happy to hear you're safe in England...I will be joining you abroad shortly :) Keep posting!

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it safely.
I checked out the books and all are available on Amazon. will be purchasing them to follow along.
All my love.
P.S. loved your room, i see it looked like home!!